MINI-master in New Space Design & Urban Placemaking
Our top flagship program
NEW PROGRAM STARTING ON SEPTEMBER 18 - 2017
INTRODUCTION WEEK: from September 18 to September 22-2017
Today the historical contexts (cities, buildings, interiors) are becoming increasingly important because they constitute our identities, they symbolize our social values and reinforce our sense of belonging; at the same time, we need modern spaces fulfilling our contemporary needs, new materials, new colors… this is where the future of design and architecture lies…
Our Program in New Spaces Design are ideal for architects, designers, visual experts and brand strategists who want to learn:
- How to design and create spaces able to listen to people’s needs
- Apply a holistic approach integrating conservation and development
- Understand the “spirit of the place” with all its values and potentials
- Re-define and design the new place identity
- Design the place branding and promotion
Classes will be taught by leading Italian designers and architects, communication and brand experts focused on new trends, innovative materials and emerging markets of the 21st century.
Throughout the sessions available in the dates below, the city of Rome opens its doors to beautiful interiors and public spaces where our students will learn how to synchronize past and future, keep the inherited values of the city historical landmarks and meet at the same time this century contemporary.
BASIC MODULE: from September 25 to December 9 - 2017
1. INTERDISCIPLINARY STUDIO DESIGN
FINAL EXAMS AND JURIES FROM DECEMBER 16 TO DECEMBER 22 - 2017
ELECTIVE MODULE: From November 30 to December 9 - 2017
Learn vis-a-vis from Italian Designers and Architects, how they think, design, innovate
Participant will learn how to
IDEATE, PROTOTYPE AND TEST A SPACE, under the supervision of our staff of dedicated designers and strategists.
- Work on design projects gathering people from different backgrounds
- Think, discuss and design requirements related to functionality, esthetics and sustainability with three different applications: retail, hospitality and wellness
- Learn how to design structures and spaces with a distinctive personality, able to ensure the best possible interaction between final user and infrastructure with an awareness of the most recent trends in colours, materials, finishing and lighting technologies
The 21st century interior designer is a personal coach, a brand strategist, a visual expert, a researcher, a bridge across cultures… The most valuable outcome of this program is to train a new generation of creative people able to design spaces reflecting the client’s soul, the brand values, the users’ needs, the market requirements and the company’s goals. Nowadays designers must be able to provide not just the trendiest selection of furniture, lights, materials and colors, but the perfect space and environment to make the mission and the vision of their clients be successfully conveyed to their target audience.
With our programs you will understand how to design your interiors and a distinctive identity and personality for your (client’s) place, by applying all the latest trends:
1. LESS IS MORE. New design needs to be intuitive, with frills kept to a minimum
2. IDENTITY. Clients want their places to communicate their distinctive identity and personality
3. FOCUS ON THE EXPERIENCE. People want superior estethics coupled with functionality and perceive that design is not just to make them buy, but to actually enhance their overall experience
4. WHAT’S OLD IS NEW AGAIN. Many brands are recuperating their classic designs, shapes and materials that provide the feeling they have an old history, an heritage and a distinctive personality
5. DESIGN FROM WITHIN. People are growingly aware that by buying a brand, they are endorsing and participating of the success of this brand, so want to know everything about sources, materials, values, resources, practices, and are growingly sensitive to environmental issues and compliance of production processes, resources and materials with sustainable practices
5000 €: accommodation included + 300 € deposit that will be refunded at the moment of check out
*If you don't need accommodation you will pay 1500 euro less.
2500 €: accommodation included + 300 € deposit that will be refunded at the moment of check out
*If you don't need accommodation you will pay 500 euro less.
Certificate of Attendance
At the end of each program enrolled students, who have attended at least 80% of the classes and successfully complete all required exams and projects, will receive a Certificate of attendance. An examination board composed of academicians and entrepreneurs will assess the final project presentation and award the student’s final certificate of attendance.
Deadline: Applicants, especially non european, are strongly suggested to complete the enrollment process at least 35 days before the beginning of the selected course.
Following documents are required:
1 Enrollment form (available online within the applicant’s personal area)
2 Passport or ID for EU students
3 Motivation letter
5 A copy of the applicant’s degree diploma
6 University transcript
The selection is based on the assessment of CV, motivation letter and portfolio. Great attention is paid to the ability to work independently, manage a project conceptualization and actively participate in a highly innovative training experience. Enrollments are limited.
Once admitted, candidates will receive an admission and invitation letter. Every year BAU International Academy of Rome encourage students to apply for the partial grants available through BAU Foundation, when it is applicable, and promotes a number of total grants. For further information please visit the website and download the scholarship application form.