MINI-Master in Luxury&Fashion
Design thinking and Brand Management applied to Luxury & Fashion
This Mini-Master will give you the opportunity to conduct an experimental application of all the key trends in design thinking and brand management to the industries of fashion and luxury, under the supervision of renowned Italian designers, entrepreneurs, stylists and our team of dedicated experts of branding strategies, visual storytelling and viral marketing.
This program is ideal for entrepreneurs, stylists, visual experts and brand strategists that want to gain an in-depth understanding of the critical success factors of the Italian Luxury&Fashion.
Participants can attend the full Mini-Master program or choose a selection of three modules, thus completing a Specialization Program:
FALL SESSION 2017
SESSION 1 - 2/27 October
Understand the roots of Italian Fashion Design
SESSION 2 - 30 October/24 November
Learn from Italian designers and entrepreneurs how they think design and innovate
1. LAB with ITALIAN FASHION DESIGNERS
SESSION 3 - 26 November/9 December
Learn how to add a touch of distinction to your brand, how to brand yourself, tell your story and make it viral
FACULTY, VIP & TESTIMONIALS
With our programs you will learn how to work on a fashion design project, by applying all the latest trends that nail what customers want now:
- LESS IS MORE. New luxury&fashion products need to be intuitive, with frills kept to a minimum
- IDENTITY. Consumers want luxury&fashion brands to have a point of view and feel they offer tailor-made products, experiences and scalable platforms that empower future users not just to consume goods, but to find solutions to their problems
- FOCUS ON SERVICE. People want max aestethics coupled with functionality and perceive that design is not just to make them buy, but to actually improve their overall experience
- WHAT’S OLD IS NEW AGAIN. Many luxury&fashion brands are recuperating their heritage and classic designs using faded labels, script lettering, shapes and materials that give off “vintage vibes”
- DESIGN FROM WITHIN. People are growingly aware that by buying what you offer, they are endorsing and participating of the success of your brand, so want to know everything about it, sources, materials, values, mission and vision of the founders, management practices, focus on the environment, etc.
- Ideate, protype and test a product/brand with the team of dedicated designers
- Work on projects which integrate students from different disciplines
- Recognize and define the intersections and limits of different design-based disciplines
- Experience thinking, discussing and designing in different scales on requirements related to function, esthetics, and context
- Experience group work
- Produce working drawings of artifacts and work with new, unusual or innovative materials
- Learn how to design their own brand
- Study Italian language and explore Italian culture
5000 €: accommodation included + 300 € deposit that will be refunded at the moment of check out *Please note that if you don't need accommodation you will pay 1500 euro less.
2500 €: accommodation included + 300 € deposit that will be refunded at the moment of check out *Please note that if you don't need accommodation you will pay 500 euro less.
Certificate of Attendance
At the end of each program enrolled students, who have attended at least 80% of the classes and successfully complete all required exams and projects, will receive a Certificate of attendance. An examination board composed of academicians and entrepreneurs will assess the final project presentation and award the student’s final certificate of attendance.
Deadline: Applicants, especially non european, are strongly suggested to complete the enrollment process at least 6 weeks before the beginning of the selected course.
Following documents are required:
1) Enrollment form (available online within the applicant’s personal area)
2) Passport or ID for EU students
3) Motivation letter
5) A copy of the applicant’s diploma
Selection is based on the assessment of your CV, motivation letter and portfolio. Enrollments are limited. Once admitted, candidates will receive an admission letter.
Every year BAU International Academy of Rome encourage students to apply for the partial grants available through BAU Foundation and promotes a number of total grants. For further information please visit the website and download the scholarship application form.
My idea of Fashion? Beauty is sustainable.
— ILARIA VENTURINI FENDI
Resilience is a strong trait of the "persona" of Rome. The eternity of Rome relies on the continuous re-use and re-adaptation of the past to accommodate ephemeral needs. It has always been challenging for Rome to deal with the immense and sometimes intrusive patrimony inherited from the Roman age, to the point to get stuck in a conservative position of immobilism.
But on the other hand, Rome is the Eternal City and has the attributes of being permanent and durable over the centuries. These traits come from the ability of the Romans to re-use, reconvert and accommodate the old materials, artifacts and buildings of the ancient city, built in-fact to stay forever, for the new needs required by the times. Function changes but the essence of Rome has been preserved by recycling and re-using rare materials and scarce resources.
From the Cosmati craftsmen - renowned during the 12th and 13th century for their ability to combine glass mosaic with the re-used precious marble of Roman columns, statues and buildings of the pagan age - up to Ilaria Venturini Fendi you can see a fil rouge holding together past, present and future of the Roman craftsmanship and converging into features of durability, uniqueness, innovation, creativity and continuous research, that are all attributes marking what is considered luxury and what is meant to be sustainable.